Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

HOBBY 

Hobby is something interesting that we like to do for pleasure. Most of us have hobby. And I choose outdoor activity in naturalistic field. They are caving, hiking and mountaineering. I began my hobby when I was in college. I joined a student natural lover organization called PATAGA. They are dealing with activities and organization management. In outdoor activities, we usually do: Caving, Rock climbing, Hiking and Rafting. For organization management, we do:

  1. Outdoor equipment management 
  2. Organization management 
  3. Nature conservation 
  4. Nature awareness
I got many pleasure in these activities. I visited some interesting places and view both from their hights and in depth of the earth. They are like :

  • the highest mountain in Java, Semeru Mountain, 

  • Penangungan Mountain, 
  • Welirang Mountain 
  • and also Slamet Mountain with many mysteries in Central Java, 
  • stalactite – stalagmite – sum and many cave ornaments in South of Malang and Tuban for both vertical and horizontal cave. 
By doing such activities, I got many things for improving my capabilities. Some advantages that I can get from my hobby are:

  1. Improve my skills of organization. 
  2. Develop my Interpersonal relation with my friends, college and even with government as well as private organization.
  3. Increase my soft skill: tough, survive, confidence, humble etc 
  4. Confirm my love for mother Nature 
  5. Settle my self confidence
I also found my spouse when in this organization. Further, I also got a job through my experiences in this organization for both outdoor activities and its organization management. Currently, these outdoor activities also interfere my daily lives. They make me to have more capability in adapting with other such as student, lecturer with more attractive and simple way but gain the better result. Daypack is the first choice for simple bag in which it is usually used and worn by hiker and caver while they doing their activities.

I realize that hobby is not only for pleasure but also for developing, adaptable and improve capability of someone. We learn from nature to survive and think the simple way with minimal risk. 

Now, my twin also joins us to enjoy outdoor activity. They can learn about earth, oxygen and rocks as they explore. In this way, we do hope that their belief in Gods is getting stronger.

Messages: If we feel life is difficult, hobby can be another door towards opportunity; that makes life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment